It's been a while since I sent you some morsels of what's going on in my life. Since this is a holiday weekend with a bank holiday today, let's keep this short and to the point. Here goes:
- I am going on a Returning to the Roots of Civil Rights bus tour from June 13-21, visiting sites in North Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, and Tennessee. I am looking forward to the trip and plan on doing a lot of creative work to publish what I see along with my impressions.
- Speaking of writing, I have published three books so far this year with plans for three more. The three are #stankoisms: Wisdom for the Twitter Age, Unlocking the Power of Your Creativity and Leadership Essentials. I love writing so why shouldn't I do this?
- My new publishing company, Urban Press, is going quite well, although I am putting out works that pertain to purpose under the label, PurposeQuest Ink. My son is in partnership with me in the company, which is a dream come true to be working with my son in a situation that God created and I didn't try to make happen.
- I am teaching more than ever and enjoying it more than ever as well. I started my first online class at the Master's Level last week and, while it requires getting used to, I know it's the wave of the future that's here today. I am committed to making the students' online experience as relational and meaningful as possible, using all my writing and social media skills to make that happen.
- I am working with a university in Oklahoma that wants to start the John Stanko School of Leadership and Global Studies. I thought that only happened after someone died! I want to help make that program a place where people can find their purpose and then go out and impact the world! Thank You, Lord, for the opportunity.
- I started a group that meets monthly to discuss and encourage creativity in those who come. It is called the G1 Group, since God the Creator makes us creative as shown in the early chapters of Genesis. The group has been meeting for two years now and it's always special to see how God uses those meetings to help others overcome their creative fears.
- I am doing more and more training in local urban churches and I am convinced that I have a prophetic word to all churches, but especially my brothers and sisters in urban settings, of how God wants to use purpose to transform local churches.
- Speaking of teaching, I am teaching four classes this summer: Principles of Biblical Interpretation, How to Start and Operate a Nonprofit Ministry, Leadership and Decision Making and Leadership and Communication.
- I am traveling 21 of 30 days in June - that makes it a great month. I love being on the road and actually am more productive when I travel because I tend to make the most of every minute and I am energized as i do. What energizes you? How can you do more of it?
That's about it for this week. You stay well and have a purposeful week as you seek to find what it is that God created you to do.
YOUR PURPOSEQUEST TV: I have four television shows posted online. Each one features someone's purpose story. You can watch them on my Vimeo channel. I also have all my radio shows archived on my website for your listening enjoyment. That show is entitled "Wake Up to Purpose."